Thursday 30 May 2013

Smiles

       I'm the kind of person who's mood sways with the weather. If it's raining and gloomy, prepare for a quiet day with depressing music. If it's beautiful out with sun and heat, I guarantee that I'll be singing, smiling and skipping around. During the winter I find myself working harder to find joy. In the summer it's hard not to be joyful. I don't understand why we are all engineered to feel certain ways, am I the only one? When someone dies we are engineered to be sad, but why? I get that it's because you are loosing someone, but why not just celebrate their life? Why are we constantly feeling the way people expect us to? We have the power to feel any way we want to, no matter what anyone else thinks. When the power goes out, don't be annoyed. Whip out the candles and spend some time with family, learn something from your elders and take advantage of it. We are so programmed to using electronics and feeling the need to use them, that we are automatically frustrated when they are cut off. I'm not saying that I have a stellar reputation of being a constant optimist or positive person, but I feel that it's important that we shatter the usual frame of mind. People do amazing things everyday, our mental capacity and strength is amazing. So why can't we make the choice to just smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment