Monday 21 October 2013

           Can someone please explain to me why we let our worth be decided by other people? It drives me up the wall to think that because someone tells you you are fat, stupid, ugly, a slut, whatever it is, that it means it's true and that you should believe it. I used to be someone who hid behind makeup or clothes to hide my insecurities, and some days I still do. I've come to realized that the more you try to hide it, the more obvious it becomes. If you develop a mindset where you can understand that everyone has insecurities and just walking the halls like you have no care in the world, then I promise that you will be a lot happier and you'll feel so much better about yourself. There is no worse feeling than walking past people and all you can think about is, "Is my mascara smudged? Do I have a makeup line? Does this shirt make me look fat? Do I have a muffin top?" etc. It's not easy to just accept yourself, it takes time, but it's the best thing I ever did for myself. For those people that point out other people's flaws, KNOCK IT OFF. Unless your hands are absolutely clean, don't point a finger. Everyone has flaws, and I guarantee that you are not going to like it when someone tells you what yours are. End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment